Friday, March 24, 2017

Book Review: A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

Title: A Court of Mist and Fury
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Genre: Fantasy
Publisher: Bloomsbery
Rating: 5 Stars
Release Date: May 3, 2016

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Amazon | Book Depository | Barnes & Noble | Books.A.Millon | Goodreads

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.

With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.

My Review


Oh, my stars! This book was a hundred times better than A Court of Thorns and Roses. Yes, there were times that I was frustrated with a few characters and their actions. But, I still liked this one a lot more than the first. Maas has truly created a master-piece of epic per-portions. If you thought that the first installment had epic romance, action, mystery, and badassery, you should reevaluate. Because this one is on a whole new level. By reading this one, I have officially caught ACOTAR/ACOMAF fever. I loved seeing a lot of unbelievable plot twists (yes, even more then in A Court of Thorns and Roses), new characters, and incredible imagery. This one doesn't cut corners, has the perfect pace and tone, and will leave readers impatiently waiting for the next installment.

The plot twists in this one were both frustrating and breath-taking. God, I loved seeing Maas doing what she does best, taking a plot line and flipping it completely on its head. I will admit I didn't see it coming, and it really throw me for a loop, but what a ride it was. I'm so happy with how Maas practically created something completely original, ad so out of left field that it was perfect. And I'm one-hundred percent satisfied with the outcome of it. But the one plot twist that had me was the ending, again I didn't see that one coming, and I hate Tamlin now. He's starting to get those obnoxiously large claws, not just under Feyre's skin, but mine as well. Anyways, Maas did yet another incredible job with the twists and turns in this one, and I'm eager to see what she has in store for me in A Court of Wings and Ruin.

The new characters introduced in this one was one of the most enjoyable things about A Court of Mist and Fury, I have fallen heels-over-head (yes, you read that right) for them. Mor, Cassian, Azriel, and Amren, are my new favorites. Don't worry I still love Rhys and Feyre, Tamlin not so much, but I loved see Maas masterfully create these epic charters. They embody so much more then side characters, because they are so insightful into both the new setting in the book, as well as a certain someone that comes on the raise. They all kept a very humorous and all most uplifting atmosphere throughout the novel, and were so willing to take the toll for one another. Yes, each of them has their own skeletons in the closet, but their willingness to overcome and raise about the demons of their pasts, I found it hard not to love them.

One a Maas's skills that I'm so grateful for, is her creative imagery. This one, that imagery was ultimately the key to the success in this installment. I loved seeing the locations and places of this novel through Maas's writing, it was incredible.  These new locations will become key spots in the future of this series, and it is vital to see the differences between each. Her imagery was also very appreciated in some scenes throughout the novel, if you know what I mean. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* Now, I have myself laughing. Just read the book and you'll know what I mean.

A Court of Mist and Fury will have readers passionately and desperately wanting more, I'm willing to beg on hands-and- keens to get A Court of Wings and Ruin in my hands. The ending of this one will make you throw your copy against a wall, but we all know you'll buy the next one for answers. Maas's unbelievable plot twists, new characters, and incredible imagery, are what made this installment so enjoyably for me. And I hope it is for you too. So, until the next installment Maas, I will be looking to the stars and wishing. 

My Posts about A Court of Mist and Fury...



No comments:

Post a Comment