Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Book Review: The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: The Problem with Forever
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Genre: Contemporary/Standalone
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Rating: 4.5 Stars

The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Amazon | Book Depository | Barns & Noble | Harlequin Teen | Books.A.Millon | Goodreads
Eyes glances over me, some lingering and some moving on as if the didn't even notice me standing there,
which was okay in a way, because I was used to being invisible.

But I wan't supposed to be invisible anymore.

For some people, silence is a weapon. For Mallory “Mouse” Dodge, it’s a shield. Growing up, she learned that the best way to survive was to say nothing. And even though it’s been four years since her nightmare ended, she’s beginning to worry that the fear that holds her back will last a lifetime.

Now, after years of homeschooling with loving adoptive parents, Mallory must face a new milestone—spending her senior year at public high school. But of all the terrifying and exhilarating scenarios she’s imagined, there’s one she never dreamed of—that she’d run into Rider Stark, the friend and protector she hasn’t seen since childhood, on her very first day.

It doesn’t take long for Mallory to realize that the connection she shared with Rider never really faded. Yet the deeper their bond grows, the more it becomes apparent that she’s not the only one grappling with the lingering scars from the past. And as she watches Rider’s life spiral out of control, Mallory faces a choice between staying silent and speaking out—for the people she loves, the life she wants, and the truths that need to be heard.

My Review


First off, my full reaction of this book was that it was amazing! I don't read a lot of contemporary romances, but I loved this one! Armentrout, the queen of romance herself, has done it again! Everyone alive should read this book, it was that good! I have previously read Armentrout's Lux series, but it was so long ago, I completely forgot how exquisite she is with her writing style; truly exciting and refreshing. With ever new book she puts out, she gives her readers something new, and this one was no different. I like how in this one, Armentrout has focused on the difficult and almost taboo topic of foster care, because foster care which can be a hit or miss with most the books I've read. I also enjoyed seeing her classic romance style in action again, a long with the new characters and events/scenarios that took place in this one as well.

As stated before, most foster care that I've read are either a hit, or miss, for me. But with her writing style and creative out-looks, Armentrout took a very cliche topic and made it completely her own. This is a very heart-felt story that has changed my opinion on what all foster care books are like, and what to expect when reading one. This story will tough at your heartstrings, and at the same time send chills down your spine. And at other times will have you laughing out loud, or crying from mixed emotions and anger. The Problem With Forever has something for everyone to love, and an array of feels that might just leave you beat.

And just when you thought this book couldn't get any better, it did. I loved that characters Armentrout put into this story. All were very relatable and fun to see incorporated with this sensitive topic. Mallory, also known as Mouse, was an inspiring main character. She showed me that there is always light at the end of the tunnel, even when it seems like forever away and when monster lurk in the shadows. And don't even get me started with Rider. He was, as most of Armentrout's male characters are, perfect. I would date him in a heartbeat, if I could. He's such a sweet heart, but also has that bad-boy vibe too. Armentrout nailed it, I have never seen another author that can mix these to composts better to form the perfect boyfriend like she does. And I also loved all of Armentrout's side characters, they took this book to a whole new level. They really drought different tones and emotions into this story. And by having diverse characters, Armentrout made this book more fun and enjoyable for her readers.

Every Armentrout book that I have ever picked up, I've loved. And this one isn't a different story. The Problem With Forever is inspiring and heartfelt. Armentrout did an amazing job with this one, she made a true masterpiece. If you are already a fan of Armentrout, then you already know how wonderful her plot lines and writing style is. But if you haven't picked one of her book yet. I highly recommend you do, I promise you won't forget it! And I can't wait to see Armentrout has in store for me next.


No comments:

Post a Comment