Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Midnight Release!

So earlier this week I volunteered at the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child midnight release. And I has so much fun! It was a blast! First off it has been 9 years since the last Harry Potter and I've been waiting for this book just like Sirius has been.




But non the less, I knew that I had to arrive to this event in style. As my job as a die-hard Harry Potter fan I wanted to show my appropriation and dedication to EVERYONE. You know just a little something-something to tell people I take anything Harry Potter related very Siriusly (Haha, see what I did there).  So, I decided I'd cosplay as a character from Harry Potter that always needs a little love, Myrtle Elizabeth Warren a.k.a. Moaning Myrtle. I thought it would be fun to dress up as her, because she is literally the precise image of a fangirl. AndAnd who would want to miss the opportunity of wearing a toilet seat on one's head? Not me. I hit up my local thrift shop and for under $20 I had everything I needed. All except the toilet seat, which I bought a new one at Walmart, because I am obviously not going to wear a used one.



So, I through my outfit together, did the classic Myrtle ponytails, put a quote on the lid of the seat strapped it on, and had to admit my cosplay didn't look too shabby. Cue the runway music.





As you can see I had A LOT of fun creating this look.

Once I was decked out in Moaning Myrtle garb, it was time to hit the road and head to the Carmel Barns & Noble, which was about a hour drive to. And once I got there I found out I was going to be working at the 'Muggle Wall' were Harry Potter fans could write down what Harry Potter means to them. They had a huge wall a BookCon 2016, and if you went, it was kind of like that, but a lot smaller. I also got to meet two other lovely volunteers who were bloggers/BookTubers, Lauren and Anna. They are so nice and we had a ball all night. And of course we had to get a photo opp together looking all bad ass at the Azkaban Prisoners, Daily Prophet Photo Stand thing. Sorry, I don't really know what to call it. And I got one by myself too. 


After having some fun, we had to mischief manage ourselves to our stations. I made my way over the the muggle wall to see what Harry Potter meant to everybody who attended. I was put off to the side of the store, but I could still see all the action. And I couldn't wait to see everyone share there love for Harry Potter on these boards!

(Before)

And so the love sharing began...



(After)

Seeing all these lovely fans filling these boards up with their love, filled my heart so much. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to every fan who wrote something, you all made standing from about 4 hours so worth it. And it made my night!

At 12:40ish it was time to start lining up for the midnight drop, and since I volunteered; Lauren, Anna, and I were in the first group to get our hands on the new release.
And then the time was upon us. We all started a count down.3...2...1.... and the book was in my hands.




I had so much fun at the Barns and Noble event, and I made so many new friends! I can't wait to see what events I'll be involved with next, and I also can't wait to read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child!  So, stay tuned for a review. And as always drink some coffee, love a cat, watch out for those feels, and remember to always read fearlessly.

1 comment: