Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Book Reveiw: Burning Glass

Title: Burning Glass
Author: Kathryn Purdie
Genre: Fantasy
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books/ HarperCollins
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Amazon | Book Depository | Barns & Noble | HarperCollins | Books.A.Millon | Goodreads
Sonya was born with a rare gift to feel what those around her feel, both physically and emotionally--a gift she's kept hidden from the empire for seventeen long years. But when a tragic accident pushes her into the spotlight, Sonya is hauled off to the palace and forced to serve the emperor as his sovereign Auraseer.
Tasked with sensing the intentions of would-be assassins, Sonya is under constant pressure to protect the emperor. But Sonya's power is untamed and reckless, and she can'e always decipher where other people's impulses end and her own begin. In a palace full of warring emotions and looming darkness, Sonya fears that the biggest danger to the empire may be herself. 
As she struggles to wrangle her abilities, Sonya seeks refuge in her tenuous alliances the charming-yet-violent Emperor Valko and his idealistic younger brother, Prince Anton. But when threats of revolution pit the two brothers against each other, Sonya must choose which brother to trust--and which to betray. 
Seeped in intrigue and treachery, debut author Kathryn Purdie's stunning new fantasy trilogy captivates with heartrending romance, dangerous magic, and one girl's quest of redemption. 

My Review


This book is a fantasy masterpiece. I get to say that because I believe this book deserves it. Purdie literally blew my mind with this one, I couldn't help instantly falling in love with this swoon worthy novel. At first glance this book looks so pretty, just look at that cover. Pure perfection! And then by flipping through the first few pages, your eyes fall on an incredible map; which is always a bonus. (Posted below.) Who doesn't love a book with a map? No one. Then by turning to the first chapter, you are instantly thrown into a Purdie's dark world full of mystery, betrayal, magic, and a fight for power. I absolutely fell for this story. The characters Purdie created are amazing, I loved Sonya and her unique ability, and of course I swooned for Prince Anton, I couldn't resist. I also was fascinated by Valko. He was scary and dominate at times, but others he was so sweet and venerable. I'm still not sure how I feel about him to be honest. I also loved Purdie's beautiful and vivid writing style, she has easily become one of my new favorite authors because of it. All in all, Purdie has blown me way. I highly recommend you move this on to the top of you TBR pile, because Burning Glass is one you're not going to want to miss.


My Posts about Burning Glass....



A photo posted by Katelyn 📷 | tfios land ☁ (@thefearlessreader) on

No comments:

Post a Comment